Sunday, March 10, 2013
Mum's studio

It's mother's day, which seems a good time to post these photographs. I took them at my mum's open studio a few months ago. She's a painter, with an incredible eye for pattern and colour - not to mention, y'know, an amazing mum and general badass powerful woman. So this is a tiny tribute to her and her work. Here you go. Thanks for everything, mamma.

mum's studio
mum's studio
mum's studio
mum's studio
mum's studio
mum's studio
You can see more of her work on her website, chloefremantle.com. When I look at it I actually can't believe how prolific she is. Somebody give this woman a contract to design all the textiles, art, and wallpaper for a palace somewhere.

Here's another photo from her studio building: it's huge, but I like it. The shared phone in the corridor between many studios. Evidence that artists work here.
mum's studio

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that phone photo. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That phone should be framed!
    (PS. I love your mum's work --- frame that too! Lucky you, Kaye...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so so so so great. Her work is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing work. I love this so much, thanks for posting about your mum's work, Kaye.

    ReplyDelete

 

Kaye Blegvad's Blogvad All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger